You vs The Sahara
Marathon des Sables
Held annually in either April or May
Are you a brave and determined individual who would be unperturbed by any of the following?
- 254km of the harshest desert terrain
- Six gruelling days of running & trekking
- Temperatures reaching over 50 degrees Celsius
- The requirement to carry everything you need to be self-sufficient on your back
Well you may have what it takes to brave the TOUGHEST FOOTRACE ON EARTH in aid of Walkoncemore!
If you have an adventurous spirit and a desire to push yourself to the limit for the greatest reward in aid of a fantastic cause, the Marathon des Sables really might be the event for you. Held annually in the month of April, you will join like-minded competitors in the searing Sahara desert as you traverse numerous terrains, with no shortage of sand dunes, salt flats, mountains and rock to factor in along the way. Just to make things that little bit more strenuous, you will navigate the course with your entire kit on your back, containing all of your food, cooking equipment, your sleeping bag, clothes, venom pump, flare, and every other essential supply required to survive this self-sufficient race. Do you think you have what it takes? We would be delighted to bring you aboard our team of intrepid desert warriors if so!
With only a limited number of charity places assigned each year for this incredible event, will you be one of the select few to take on this monumentally life-affirming feat?
Your entry place will include the following:
- Race entry
- Return flights to Morocco (from London)
- Transfers (in Morocco)
- Basic insurance
- Race essentials (water rations, medical team, ground assistance)
- Email facilities during the race to keep in close contact with your loved ones
- Official race medal, t-shirt and film
When you run the MdS on behalf of Walkoncemore, you will receive:
- Tailored support from a personally-assigned member of the Walkoncemore team
- Advice and tips from Walkoncemore supporters who have previously conquered the desert
- Walkoncemore technical t-shirt and fundraising support goodies
- Graphic design assistance for any posters and flyers to support your fundraising campaign
- A personalised memento and certificate to proudly display once you have conquered the desert
- The knowledge that you'll be helping to raise funds and awareness to ensure a future free from chronic spinal cord injury